Saturday 25 October 2014

WINSTON THE RAG DOLL

Arrived a couple of days as his owner -who visited my house and I explained everything below and as a result  is very happy about him being in our care- very reluctantly had to give him up. He's going to be with me for three weeks (maybe longer, depending) while he gets his vaccinations. I'm also going to have him chipped. Originally on dried food, he's taken well to Felix pouches. He also needs to lose a little weight. As you'll see from the photos, he's a really beautiful cat and he's also very gentle and affectionate and only two and a half years old. Because he is such a special cat I'm asking for a donation of £100 for him.

There are several reasons for that, not least of which being the need to generate income for Animal Krackers and every little bit helps. Secondly a precedent has already been set for this last year when I adopted Aelfric, the pedigree British short hair I'd fostering, checked the going rate for cats like him and gave our a treasurer £100. Another reason, one that I've been made aware of by others, is that less scrupulous people have been known to get special cats from rescues at a low rate and then sell them on for a quick profit. By asking what we are we're ensuring that it just isn't worth it for someone to do this and that Winston will be taken by someone who loves him and will love him for the rest of his life.

It's been suggested that Animal Krackers as a charity shouldn't discriminate between breeds and moggies, Well, with all due respect, that is bollocks. Our purpose is to get the best homes for the cats in our care and this is one way of doing it.

Now that serious stuff is out of the way, here are some photos of the handsome beast. The first is technically the most accurate and the best.





This last one is my favourite even though it's too bright. I like the slightly tilted angle and the posture of Aelfric.


No comments: